Full Time- 40 hours/week
Timber Café is a one of a kind place! It boasts the structure & support of a large organization but the flexibility & creative freedom found at an independent café. Fresh, seasonal & thoughtfully curated we aim to provide a unique, local dining experience.
We are seeking a well rounded, experienced food service professional to help us execute this vision.
Our ideal candidate will be a calm, organized & experienced leader, with a passion for great food & exceptional service, seeking a fun, flexible & creative workplace.
The Café Manager will lead by example with forward thinking and a creative flair! Ensuring the highest standards are met not only in the food being presented, but in the customer service and cleanliness. The successful applicant will be a professional individual who prides themselves on their kitchen and staff, being responsible for:
- Planning and executing weekly menus
- Training, leading, and supervising a staff of 10-15
- Developing & pricing menus with a focus on fresh, local, seasonal ingredients as well as gluten free friendly and dairy free foods
- Delegates and trains kitchen staff on the execution of menu items, meal prep and roles within the kitchen and front of house
- Keeping up to date with trends and new ingredients
- Creating inspired, aesthetically pleasing plates that showcase the delicious food
- Inventory control, including food purchasing, storage, minimizing waste and shortages
- The management and performance of the kitchen and staff
- Working to develop and adhere to a budget
- Exceeding standard cleaning practices in the kitchen and front of house
- Creating menu options for special events as required
- 5+ years culinary experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant an asset
- 2+ years education in field, or culinary school completion, is a strong asset
- Knowledge of best practices for kitchen procedures
- High levels of creativity and reliability
- Flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings will be required during Christmas and Spring seasons and special evening events
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- Knowledge of cooking equipment, cleaning procedures and maintenance
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
Home Hardware Building Centre offers competitive wages, health and dental benefits, paid vacation, staff discount and an environment that values teamwork and creativity. The successful candidate will start immediately.
TO APPLY: Visit hhlloyd.com/careers and follow the instructions to fill out an application form & email with a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate to grow with us!